Financial Inclusion Project
In 2009 Community Voluntary Partners was commissioned to research the Financial Inclusion needs of Bolsover district residents and draw up a strategic plan for meeting those needs.
The Financial Inclusion Project officially began in April 2010 with the aim of:
- improving access to debt & benefit advice
- improving access to affordable credit
- improving access to mainstream financial services
- increasing local people’s personal financial management skills
Project delivery was led by four local organisations:
- Community Voluntary Partners
- Derbyshire Unemployed Workers Centre
- North East Derbyshire CAB
- 2 Shires Credit Union
This project officially ended on March 31st 2012. However, the Financial Inclusion Partnership has now been absorbed into the Fighting Poverty forum.